Context, Cognition and Communication Conference
The 1st Context, Cognition and Communication Conference
June 15-18, 2016, Warsaw
The theme of the first CCC conference is: “Context dependence in language, action and cognition”. We invite papers related to this topic, falling in the areas of philosophy of language, philosophy of action, philosophy of mind, epistemology, natural language semantics, pragmatics, cognitive science, theoretical linguistics, semiotics, formal philosophy and philosophical logic.
The topics may include, but are not limited to:
- aspects of the contextualism-minimalism and contextualism-relativism debates,
- issues of formal representations of context and conversational dynamics,
- topics in the logic and semantics of indexicals and demonstratives,
- analysis of the concept of background knowledge,
- the problem of the roles of context in pragmatic inferences,
- motivations for classical and non-classical approaches to mental and linguistic contents,
- the impact of contexts on propositional attitude attributions,
- the nature of context effects in cognition and language processing.
The following scholars have accepted our invitation to address the conference as plenary speakers:
Genoveva Marti (ICREA and Universitat de Barcelona)
Albert Newen (Ruhr-Universität Bochum)
John Perry (Stanford University/University of California, Riverside)
Stefano Predelli (University of Nottingham)
The conference will take place on June 15-18, 2016, and will be hosted by the Institute of Philosophy, University of Warsaw. We invite submissions for 45-minute talks. A one-page abstract of maximum 500 words should be sent by email (to: email@example.com) by the 1st of February, 2016. The abstract, in the pdf format, should be prepared for a blind peer review.
After the conference, the authors of the accepted papers will be invited to submit extended versions of the conference papers to a special monograph or journal issue (details to be announced in the upcoming months).
More information can be found at the conference webpage: http://ccc-conference.org/
The conference is organized jointly by: Institute of Philosophy, University of Warsaw and Centre for Philosophical Research