Host institution: the Faculty of Philosophy, University of Warsaw, Poland
Project title: Epistemic and semantic commitments of foundational theories
Principal investigator: Prof. Cezary Cieśliński, Faculty of Philosophy, University of Warsaw, Poland.
- Master’s degree in a field relevant to the project (preferably in mathematical or philosophical logic or set theory. In particular, familiarity with axiomatic theories of truth counts as a plus.) In case of candidates without the Master’s degree, a signed letter from their supervisor is required, stating that the graduation will take place before the deadline specified by the Doctoral School.
- Very good speaking and writing command of English.
- Strong interest in logic.
- Strong motivation for scientific work.
- Very good problem-solving skills.
- Good social and organizational skills.
- The candidate’s primary responsibility will be to conduct research and write a PhD thesis.
- The position starts on October 1st, 2021 and lasts for a maximum of four years.
- Important: After successful recruitment, the candidate will have to obtain the status of a PhD student at the University of Warsaw (either at the Doctoral School of Humanities or at the Interdisciplinary Doctoral School) according to standing procedures. For details, visit https://szkolydoktorskie.uw.
- Total remuneration: PLN 7371 gross per month for the first two years; PLN 8653 gross per month in the final two years.
- In the project there is also a budget for conference and research travel and a provision for the necessary equipment (e.g., a laptop computer).
- The candidate will have a right to use a number of campus facilities, such as the sports facilities and the library.
Deadline for submission applications: 2021-04-30
For more details, visit https://commitments-project.